Sunday, July 6, 2008

Evening photos

I realized that all the photos I've shared so far have been taken before noon. I think the garden has a very different feel and look in the evening, so last night as we were waiting for it to get dark enough to set off the fireworks I'd bought, I took a few photos. It was about 9:00pm so it was getting dark but it wasn't totally dark for about another hour. The top photo today is a closeup of the nasturtiums and marigolds planted at the base of my celtic birdbath. Isn't it pretty?

Here is the northeast corner of my garden. Those 4-foot tall bushes at the back are tomatoes. There are two cherry tomatoes, two beef heart, and two roma. The big bed in the middle are the pumpkins which I've shared often before. You can also see the row of carrots still growing in the bed that used to house my lettuces. Back by the minibarn is the compost bin and some black-eyed susans.



This next photo is of the northwest corner of the garden. Along the back are more 4-foot tomato plants. These are Cherokee Purples and Better Boy. I have a couple of grape tomato plants just to the right, but they were just outside of the range of the photo. Along the left fence you can see a row of yellow onions and then just to the right of the onions is two rows of bush beans. There's a pine tree to the left of the garden and you can see another one of Jeff's birdfeeders back behind the tomatoes.



I really like this last photo because of its perspective. It is from the rear of the garden (near the birdfeeder in the last photo) looking south toward our house. You can even see our back patio in the background. The foreground of the photo are some of the tomato plants. Behind the tomatoes you can see (from left to right) pumpkins, cucumbers, watermelon, muskmelon, potatoes (which appear to be dying), and spaghetti squash.



Today's local weather:
High temp: 86 F
Low temp: 66 F
Sunny with few clouds or wind

No comments: