Friday, August 22, 2008

Today's harvest

This is what I got out of my garden just this morning:That would be (clockwise from the left):

* four Cherokee Purple tomatoes
* three Beef Heart tomatoes
* two Better Boy tomatoes
* a bucket full of Roma tomatoes
* one spaghetti squash
* one muskmelon
* one red bell pepper
* one golden bell pepper
* 5 cucumbers
* a huge container of grape and cherry tomatoes

The harvest is particularly large today because I worked yesterday subbing all day in a classroom so I totally neglected the garden. Even last night I had to take my 12yo son to his guitar lesson and make dinner so I didn't even walk out to the garden at all. But today I didn't work so I made up for it. What a haul! I need to figure out what to do with it all.

Meanwhile, look what I found growing back behind my tomatoes near the birdfeeder. I included my sandal in the photo just so you'd have a sense of scale of these things. Huge!


Today's local weather:
High temp: 87 F
Low temp: 69 F
Cloudy, chance of showers or thunderstorms throughout the day.

No comments: