Sunday, March 30, 2008

Beginning the 2008 gardening season

We've gardened in the past with various success. This year we plan to expand and take the whole thing more seriously. Last year we had a tiny vegetable (mostly tomato) garden in the corner of our backyard. My husband planted raspberries, blueberries, and strawberries. I have perennial flowers in the front yard. I have flower beds near the back porch and I plan to fill them with kitchen herbs this year. Finally, I will put annual flowers in pots on the back porch. We have other plans which include a trellis for the berries and a birdbath for our porch extension. Plus, we are going to try to make organic choices this year instead of relying on chemical pesticides like we have in the past.

Could we be biting off more than we can chew? Stay tuned and find out.

No comments: